Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bamboozle Left

Bamboozle is an annual rain-or-shine, two-day music festival normally held in New Jersey. Fortunately, the west coast got a taste of all the fun at the second annual Bamboozle Left!
This year headlining bands- All American Rejects and My Chemical Romance, drove thousands out in the sun for a two day special with 60+ bands!
Although, I may admit I am not a real big fan of the headlining bands, the smaller bands were just as much a reason to go! One such band of great example would be The Dillinger Escape Plan. Dillinger, is a progressive metal band from Morris Plains, New Jersey- that has a knack for stirring up trouble wherever they may play. From fire breathing, stage dives, breaking guitars and climbing the sets, Bamboozle and all its guests were definitely unprepared for what Dillinger threw at them. (..literally.)

Another great band featured at Bamboozle Left was LA's original pop punk band- Goldfinger. Bringing back all the memories, I got to enjoy John Feldmann as he rocked out to some of his all time classics including the cover of Nena's "99 Luftballons". Keeping the crowd jumping to the beat and crowd surfing until the last note played, Goldfinger definitely didn't let us forget why they always were- and will be, a favorite.


Needless to say, I enjoyed myself at the bamboozle left festival and hope next year it will have an equally stellar lineup.

xoxo
jl

1 comments:

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

I love Dillinger!!! I'm very jealous you got to see them. When they were in Chicago (where I am) I didn't know they were playing until the day after the show.

Someday I will see them!

Goldfinger=goodness.

  © Pardonmyffrench Blog 2009

Back to TOP